Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Perry Jones III injured in second Summer League game for Oklahoma City ... - Examiner.com

Oklahoma City Thunder rookie Perry Jones III left the team’s Summer League game on Tuesday, July 10, with an ankle injury.

This is horrible news for the Thunder. Jones was predicted to be a Top 10 pick after his freshman season for the Baylor Bears but chose to return to college for another year. His play remained consistent but his lack of improvement caused him to drop in the 2012 NBA Draft.

Another reason for his dropping to the Thunder at the 28th pick of the draft was because he has knee concerns. ESPN reported that his knee could pose a problem down the line and will require surgery at some point.

While it was an ankle injury and not a knee problem, it is still an injury to the rookie in only his second game of action for the Thunder. That has to raise concerns for the team. Jones left the game with 5:34 remaining and the score tied at 61. Indiana ended up beating the Thunder, 78-74, dropping Oklahoma City to 0-2 in the Summer League.

“I don't know exactly what happened. All I know is my ankle start hurting and I went straight to the ground,” Jones said. “We'll see how it is tomorrow. If it feels good, I'll be able to play. If not, then I won't be able to play, I guess.”

Jones scored eight points with four rebounds and three blocked shots before his injury

It's unknown whether or not Jones will be back for the final three Summer League games in Orlando. Jones will be re-evaluated Wednesday morning.

For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please subscribe using the link at the below the article and follow me on Twitter @starvingdogs, on GooglePlus, or join my group on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment