Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ryan Broyles looks good in practice for pro scouts heading to NFL Draft - Examiner.com

Ryan Broyles tore his ACL in the 2011 season while playing for the Oklahoma Sooners. However, before that injury, he broke the NCAA D1 record for most receptions in a career. Broyles is very talented but his injury might have killed his NFL Draft stock. Broyles hopes his recent workout for NFL scouts will convince them he is worth the chance.

Broyles ran a 4.57 40-yard dash and impressed with a 32.5-inch vertical leap. It was a surprising workout for Broyles since it normally takes up to nine months to recover from an ACL tear. It has been only five months.

"I feel like today I showed up and showed I've been working hard. I have definitely been timing well. The scouts said the same thing," Broyles said. "They don't expect me to be full speed and I don't expect the same. Being competitive, I wish it was in the 4.3 range. That's not the scenario. It just shows that I am working hard. I am getting my lateral movement back as well."

Advertisement

The NFL scouts then watched Broyles run routes and catch passes and then cut his workout short. Apparently, they had seen enough of the workout and were duly impressed.

"I wanted to keep going. I have been working for months doing all my routes. So for them to cut it short shows that they have respect for me as a ball-catcher. I have been working for it," Broyles said. "I have been working hard these past few months just to show that I am a competitor. I am going to compete. I am going to be ready for camp. I am on my way."

Broyles was looking to be a second round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft but he has dropped due to the injury. After the workout, it looks like he may end up going somewhere after the fourth round. Whoever takes the chance on him, won’t be disappointed. Broyles has proved many things over his career but the most important is that he will do anything it takes to succeed.

For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please subscribe at the top of the page and follow me on Twitter: @starvingdogs, GooglePlus, or join my group on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment