Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oklahoma Sooners' commit named to ESPN 150 for 2013 - Examiner.com

ESPN just named Oklahoma Sooners’ commit D.J. Ward to their ESPN 150 list of the best 2013 college recruits. Ward, a defensive end from Lawton High ranks No. 93 on the list and is the only Oklahoma high school player to make the Top 150.

Ward committed to Oklahoma after defensive ends’ coach Bobby Jack Wright convinced him that it was the perfect place for him to play. Ward, who was waiting to commit, finally reached his decision to commit following the Red-White game on April 14.

Ward was wavering between the Oklahoma Sooners and his No. 2 choice Ohio State Buckeyes. Ward’s father is from Ohio and he wanted to visit the Buckeyes before he made a decision. However, his dad let Ward make the decision on his own and he chose the Sooners.

"It just felt right," Ward said. "I got to talking with Coach Wright this morning, and he was telling me about how they were going to use me and about my potential. It gave me a lot to think about."

Advertisement

When Ward was considering his options, he was one of two Oklahoma high school players on the ESPN watch list. The other player, Tahlequah quarterback Brayden Scott, missed the final ESPN cut.

Ward has 169 tackles and 20 sacks in the last two seasons of high school play. There is also no worry about him backing out on his commitment as he admitted “I'm done. I'm going to OU. I'm a Sooner.”

For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please subscribe at the top of the page and follow me on Twitter: @starvingdogs, GooglePlus, or join my group on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment